Business Legal Counsel DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) - CLOSED
Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times.
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding has delivered more than 400 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. They have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
Job description Business Legal Counsel DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) - CLOSED
As Legal Counsel you provide legal advice and support on all legal aspects of the business. Ensures consistent legal advice, support and coordination of national & international proposals and contracts.
Below you'll find a brief summary of the tasks:
- Draft, review and negotiate a full range of contracts, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Supports (sales, procurement e.g.) team(s) during negotiations with drafting / reviewing contracts and aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with the terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with company policies as all applicable (int.) laws and regulations.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal and external policies and procedures.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers and / or legal advisors and assists in court trials.
- Supports the further professionalizing of company’s contract management through the whole contract life cycle.
- Monitors contracts or any other documentation where the company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and/or draft documentation for (general) business transactions and prepare and advise the management.
Personal profile: a dynamic and proactive personality, with a high level of organisation and time management skills. Result-oriented approach, the ability to balance legal and commercial interests, the ability to multitask and maintain a flexible attitude.
Profile Business Legal Counsel DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS) - CLOSED
- A qualified lawyer (Dutch Law) with 7+ years of experience as an inhouse counsel and/or lawyer in a (maritime) law firm;
- Experience in preferable international shipbuilding business or manufacturing / construction business;
- In-depth knowledge & experience of general in-company legal counsel practices;
- In-depth knowledge of (inter)national contract law;
- Good command of Dutch (mother tongue) and English language (written and verbal).
- Willingness to frequently travel long distances.
You will report to the General Counsel.
Fantastic opportunity for a Legal Counsel to work at the heart of a client focused company, internationally trading and family-owned shipbuilder with strong Dutch roots. In this role you are eager to take up the challenge to set up the Legal department and work closely together with the General Counsel. You are a sparring partner for numerous stakeholders within the organization. You like to work in a real dynamic and international working environment, focusing on technology and innovation.
This position is filled. Do you recognize yourzelf in the above profile and would you like to be called next time for similar positions? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.