Legal Contractmanager DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - CLOSED
Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding (DSNS), established in Vlissingen has a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original navy roots stemming back more than 140 years. At that time the Royal Schelde shipyard, based in Vlissingen in the Netherlands, was known worldwide for its quality shipbuilding, both in the naval and commercial sector. Over the decades the emphasis on quality continued and in 2001 Damen Shipyards Group acquired Royal Schelde along with all of its subsidiaries. Following the acquisition, Damen then introduced its unique, standardised modular construction concept in Vlissingen too, allowing us to offer very fast delivery times. Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding has delivered more than 400 vessels since 1875 to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. They have achieved this status by producing vessels that have a lifespan that far exceeds the average by offering cutting-edge technology and the most cost efficient design solutions.
Job description Legal Contractmanager DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - CLOSED
In this new role within the Legal department you will support (project) management in the process of systematically and efficiently managing contracts from the proposal and contracting phase, handover to project team, execution of the contract, delivery of the vessel and warranty period, enabling project management to maximise operational and financial performance of projects and minimising risk throughout the contract cycle. You are eager to professionalize contractmanagement through the contract life cycle. Below you'll find a brief summary of the tasks:
- Support the legal counsel during negotiations with aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with all terms and conditions.
- Review contracts, appendixes, agreements and other documents, in close cooperation with the legal counsels to ensure consistency between all documents.
- Analyze the contract terms & conditions and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- Identify possible contractual issues and propose for solutions in case of disputes and supports project management on legal and / or contractual implications.
- Perform correct administration and documentation during the (pre)contract life cycle, implements changes in contracts and/or appendixes and handling claims when needed during execution of the contract including during warranty period, in close consultation with the legal counsels and (project) management.
- Prepare contract changes for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Professionalize contract management through the contract life cycle, including risk management and document control. Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Ensure that subcontracts and other contractual documents are consistent with all terms and conditions in de main contract.
Profile Legal Contractmanager DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding - CLOSED
- Bachelor or master degree in Dutch law, this is a must have;
- Knowledge and experience of contract management, preferable in the shipbuilding or construction related Industry;
- Experience in the (inter)national maritime manufacturing sector and maritime management is a pre;
- Knowledge of (inter)national contract law;
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal);
- Ability to travel long distances (occassionally).
You will be part of the Legal department and will report to the General Counsel.
This position is filled. Do you recognize yourzelf in the above profile and would you like to be called next time for similar positions? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.