Legal Counsel, FrieslandCampina - CLOSED
You will become a member of the Commercial Legal Business to Business (B2B) team (5 Legal Professionals), where you will serve as a key contributor to the mission of our clients Corporate Legal team: Deliver Legal simplicity, Safeguard integrity and Play to win. Serving the commercial B2B organization (consisting of two Business groups ) as a strong strategic business partner, you will provide business-focused, pragmatic advice, counsel and train the B2B organization on a variety of legal aspects, and will enable strategic business initiatives, whilst ensuring that business and legal risks are managed appropriately.
This is a broad legal role where your main objectives will be to provide support to the commercial B2B community through delivering advice in terms of negotiating and drafting contracts all across the globe. You will take part in strategic business projects, develop tools in order to allow your business partners to work autonomously, be involved in day-to-day legal matters, etc. Your main accountabilities and responsibilities will be:
- act as an essential point of contact for the commercial B2B community and act as Legal expert and manage their legal matters;
- develop and build ongoing partnerships with your business partners;
- draft and review a variety of business contracts such as distribution, sales & supply;
- assess and mitigate legal risks arising from medium and highly complex strategic business transactions, such as global partnerships as well as transactions with our clients Corporate Key Accounts;
- develop and maintain the master templates that are used globally;
- building and maintaining relationships with Legal Counsel based across the globe.
- provide interactive training programs to create solid legal awareness within the organization
This role is based in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, and you will report into the Legal Director Commercial B2B, who is based in Amersfoort as well.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to be a qualified lawyer (civil or common law), with excellent academic credentials. You have at least five years of relevant experience in the field of commercial/contract law, (preferably) gained in an internationally oriented law firm and/or as an in-house counsel, preferably in the FMCG industry. We expect you to be fluent in English, both written and verbal. We are looking for someone who shows drive and commitment, someone who is able to have a positive impact on our organization, acting with commercial awareness and energy; someone who is intellectually curious with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, willing to learn, confident, and capable of engaging pro-actively and effectively, regardless the seniority of the stakeholders you work with; someone who communicates positively, efficiently and convincingly – both in writing and verbally – and who is able to be act autonomously.
This is a highly professional, constantly changing and challenging international environment. You will work closely in an inclusive team with professionals of our international businesses with diverse backgrounds.