Senior Legal Counsel (IT)
On behalf of our client, an international technical innovator, we’re currently recruiting an experienced legal business counsel who takes ownership and has a natural drive for results. You will provide legal support and advice to the business (commercial, R&D, HR, finance, compliance) and will work closely with the sales teams and support them in the bidding processes and commercial negotiations in different time zones. In deals you know how to balance between commercial and legal stakes. You will be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including software license agreements, distribution/resell agreements, consultancy agreements, project implementation and reviewing other commitments for potential risks and liabilities. In addition, you will protect the software and IP from illegal use. As a legal counsel you will be part of the legal team in Amsterdam and will report to the CFO.
Reporting into the CFO and working closely with another Senior Legal Counsel, you support the business with assisting contract negotiations with prospective customers, partners as well as suppliers, assessing legal risks and providing general advice to the business. You will also be involved in streamlining processes in a fast growing organization.
• 6+ years of experience as a commercial legal counsel in IT/software/technology industry;
• Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills in English;
• Business and result oriented with hands-on and flexible attitude;
• Motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong analytical, issue-spotting and investigatory skills;
• Service minded self-starter with ability to work independently with great communication and interpersonal skills;
• University degree in Dutch Law or in other major jurisdiction (Master's degree (LLM) preferred).